This instant camera from Fujifilm now boasts a slimmer and lighter body than previous revisions. The Mini 8 helps the photographer by alerting them the recommended aperture. It also has a High-Key flash mode which helps the photographer attain soft portraits for a stunning look.

Why are my photos coming out black?

I just recently got the camera as a gift, and I read all the instructions. Got the camera all set up and film loaded. First picture came out great! The rest however kept coming out black. In any lighting with different settings, didn't matter. Changed the batteries just in case and thought maybe it was a bad pack of film. Loaded up a new pack of film and once again, first picture came out great, then the rest black. I never opened the back. I store the camera in a safe place. Never dropped it. So I'm kind of stumped on what's going on. I'm about to give up and have it get returned so the person who bought it for me can have their money back. Anything helps thank you!

dam…mine keeps going all black, ive taken around 7 pictures just fine and now the rest are just all white… i still dont find answers from here or other websites!

Hi

If you are sure that your film pack was not wasted due to exposing it to the sun or something, I would say.... just send your camera to the repair center. I waited for months and searched on many websites for an answer on my camera that was not developing the photos.... but in the end the camera was just now working well. I sent it to the center and got it back like two weeks later. They replaced it with a new one and all is good now. My guarantee was still not due so, no charges other than what it cost me to send the package. Good luck!

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

have you managed to fix this? I got my camera for my birthday last year and I’ve had the exact same issues you have and I’ve tried to fix them by Changing the batteries and using a new film but no matter what I do all the pictures come out block if you have fixed your camera please could you let me know how you did it, thank you x

Same thing happens to me but I've visited many blogs searching for an answer and I read somewhere that is because maybe there is not enough light??? anyway......I tried to take a picture to the sky very bright and guess what... The picture came out good showing the clouds and everything.

After that I tried taking pictures but again all black... Man I have no idea but must be something with the lens or something??? It's making me crazy

It sounds like the shutter may be jammed or broken. Do this simple check:

With no film in the camera, open the back and turn on the camera (pop out the lens). Then, take a photo. If the camera is working correctly, you should see a tiny hole appear just briefly in the camera innards. Try a few times. If you don't see the hole, the shutter is broken.

I have this same problem and the camera was brand new just out of the box. I had 3 dark photos with one tiny whit circle in it in all three photos that were taken in different places. I followed the troubleshooting page and turned the brightness level one farther away from the house one and it fixed the problem

Nicole Tauzin will be eternally grateful.