This instant camera from Fujifilm now boasts a slimmer and lighter body than previous revisions. The Mini 8 helps the photographer by alerting them the recommended aperture. It also has a High-Key flash mode which helps the photographer attain soft portraits for a stunning look.

Why are my photos coming out black?

I just recently got the camera as a gift, and I read all the instructions. Got the camera all set up and film loaded. First picture came out great! The rest however kept coming out black. In any lighting with different settings, didn't matter. Changed the batteries just in case and thought maybe it was a bad pack of film. Loaded up a new pack of film and once again, first picture came out great, then the rest black. I never opened the back. I store the camera in a safe place. Never dropped it. So I'm kind of stumped on what's going on. I'm about to give up and have it get returned so the person who bought it for me can have their money back. Anything helps thank you!

dam…mine keeps going all black, ive taken around 7 pictures just fine and now the rest are just all white… i still dont find answers from here or other websites!

Hi

If you are sure that your film pack was not wasted due to exposing it to the sun or something, I would say.... just send your camera to the repair center. I waited for months and searched on many websites for an answer on my camera that was not developing the photos.... but in the end the camera was just now working well. I sent it to the center and got it back like two weeks later. They replaced it with a new one and all is good now. My guarantee was still not due so, no charges other than what it cost me to send the package. Good luck!

Thank you! this has been happening to me a lot lately.

same as min, i got it also from a friend as a gift. the problem is that I'm from Philippines and my friend who bought it from canada. we already reported, they replied but we need to return the product so that we can get another new product. the problem is canada is way too from from the philippines, and for the shipment fee, it will be cost much more than the product. hopefully there's an answer in this website or any website that we can do wiothout returning the product.

My intax mini 9 pictures are dark at the top of the photos.

Most Helpful Answer

Y’ALL!

I had this problem. And I couldn’t find the solution online. It wasn’t the shutter in my case. There is a piece of black tape inside the camera, above the lens, blocking the exposure. Peel it off.

Omg finally a working answer! Thank you so much!

Do you mean inside the camera as in you unscrewed the camera? I'm sorry, I'm confused. I don't know if this would work for when the first picture comes out great and then the rest turn out black.

thank you sooooo much you are a life saver!!!!! :)

Yeeessss! This worked!! My pictures come out so much brighter with color!! I definitely recommend this!

have you managed to fix this? I got my camera for my birthday last year and I’ve had the exact same issues you have and I’ve tried to fix them by Changing the batteries and using a new film but no matter what I do all the pictures come out block if you have fixed your camera please could you let me know how you did it, thank you x

Same thing happens to me but I've visited many blogs searching for an answer and I read somewhere that is because maybe there is not enough light??? anyway......I tried to take a picture to the sky very bright and guess what... The picture came out good showing the clouds and everything.

After that I tried taking pictures but again all black... Man I have no idea but must be something with the lens or something??? It's making me crazy

It sounds like the shutter may be jammed or broken. Do this simple check:

With no film in the camera, open the back and turn on the camera (pop out the lens). Then, take a photo. If the camera is working correctly, you should see a tiny hole appear just briefly in the camera innards. Try a few times. If you don't see the hole, the shutter is broken.

what do we do if the shutter is broken, how can we fix it? mine doesn’t work on the first photo every time but the rest are fine

I have this same problem and the camera was brand new just out of the box. I had 3 dark photos with one tiny whit circle in it in all three photos that were taken in different places. I followed the troubleshooting page and turned the brightness level one farther away from the house one and it fixed the problem

hi! can I ask wehere we can find the troubleshooting page? Thank you :)

I have the same exact issue. I just sent it in to the warranty repair, and they claim that they replaced the camera, however, I still have the same issue. Im about to give up and just accept the fact that instax does not make good cameras. I have checked that my shutter does release, and it works, however all photos after first one or two I take from a new box of film come out completely black. My guess of what is happening is that the shutter somehow gets jammed after the first shot is taken, which allows no light to expose onto the film. I have no idea how to fix it and I just want to use the thing!

Try to face the Polaroid down and wait a few minutes. It could be the type of films u have

I have not had problems with my 2 packs of film, than I started buying film from Target and it has been coming out black ever since.

Try and face it down and wait a few minutes. That had happened to me as well

I’m pretty sure the pictures that print out take time to dry, correct?

If the picture doesn’t appear on the film after about 20 min, then something might be wrong with the printing or the shutter mechanism.

I had this problem as well. I wasted a whole pack of 10 but the first one and the last one came out coloured for me and I found out that right after taking the photo, try and face it down on a surface. And wait a few minutes. That worked for me, and hopefully works for u :)). Mine is a the mini 9 btw.

What do you mean face it down on a surface, i dont understand what you are explaining

Like right after u take a picture. Try and face ur Polaroid picture down on a flat surface. That way it will dry with out a problem. My problem was the flim. So it

Try going outside and putting it on max lighting cuz that fixed mine.

Well.. to be honest I cried a lot because it was my first day having it so I took the first picture and it came out PERFECT then I took my second one like 30 minutes later and it came out black and white we tryed so many stuff and even took the film out but here’s a little recommendation (DO NOT TAKE THE FILM OUT NO MATTER WHAT!) so my stupid self took it out after the 4th black picture and that was it so it was the film so then I changed the film and the it turned out a little black with white dots and then the second one came out Perfect so my suggestion change the film!

Nicole Tauzin will be eternally grateful.