Released November 4, 2017. Model A1865, A1901. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / Silver or Space Gray. (Pronounced the same as "iPhone 10.")

Can I repair the camera glass of an iPhone X?

Can i repair the camera glass of an iPhone X?

Is it the same as on an iPhone 6 or 7?

Can you advise som repair tools for the job. Glu , knife ,...

Most Helpful Answer

The biggest challenge when it comes to the iPhone X is parts availability. I checked a few suppliers to see what was available. I did find some rear camera lenses for the iPhone X over here. I haven't done this repair but I would think that it is similar to the iPhone 7/8. Either way, you'll be a bit of a trailblaser in this regard.

Is it possible to remove the glass? I bought the glass on eBay and is it possible to heat the glass and remove it without opening the phone?

Afterwards put a new one inside with b7000 glue?

Did you do this repair or still debating?

I ordered via ebay only the camera hump with glass to check, how easy it is to remove the glass.

I can tell you, that is is almost impossible to replace the glass without opening the phone.

There is so much clue and you cant remove the glass without breaking it and then you would have the glass pieces in the camera which which would be damaged.

You cant also heat the glass from outside too much to loose the clue, because it would also destroy the camera or flash.

I saw videos for iPhone 7 Plus from India, where guys did it like that, but you were able to see, how the glass pieces where falling down in to the phone...

So to make it short. Replacement is possible, but you need to open the phone, put out the camera and heat the glass plus pushing the glass from inside out.

You will then need to clear the frame, as I think the glass will not come out in one piece.

Not an easy repair, but doable. Done before.

I need too. The glass is so fragile.

anyone else try just to change the glass? i bought it too on aliexpress.. i saw this image of someone pulling out the câmera câmera

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2017/11/03/...

This repair is super simple. Just like every other iPhone camera replacement. Tools I recommend are the three major iPhone screwdrivers, an iSesamo and some tweezers. Patience is key.

Steve Hofkens will be eternally grateful.