Complete how-to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.

Is Activation Lock removal possible?

I've heard it can't be done, but there seem to be a lot of people selling this service on eBay. I was worndering it this is legit or not. Also how would it be done?

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

This appears to be some exploit to remove an iCloud account from a stolen phone. From the pictures, I am guessing a private server where the service added the locked device's UDID and username and generated a fake unlock. Reading the description of the service, the phone only make calls and use basic Apple ID functions. The device has to have been already activated. So if someone did a factory reset, and it was asking for iCloud lock, it cannot remove it.

Here is what they say:

you must never:

1. Restore your device from iTunes

2. Factory reset "Erase All Settings & Content" from iDevice

3. Update your iDevice via iTunes

4. Update your device to the latest iOS version via OTA if it has been jailbroken

Given all the problems iOS 11 has caused, this isn't ideal.

None of them are legit, either prohibitively expensive and destructive, or requires phishing the account holder, or just plain scam.

Frost tech repairs will be eternally grateful.