The Galaxy S7 Edge is the curved-screen variant of Samsung's 2016 flagship phone, the Galaxy S7. Announced February 2016 and released on March 11. Model SM-G935.

Why does my screen has a green vertical line on left side

Hello everyone!

As you know G S7 edge is water proof , so yesterday my screen was really dirty so I had to wash (done alot no probs) and then when I wanted to dry it there wasn't anything except air blowing dryer for hands (shopping mall) so I did after 2 minutes I saw a green line on the left side of my screen, my question will be, is it fixable? I don't wanna change the whole screen , too expensive , just to see if there is a way to fix it ?

Thank you in advance for your help

My guess is the liquid got behind the screen which is where the LCD ribbon cable flex is.

If you are lucky you may be able to get away with just cleaning the corrosion behind the LCD if not the screen would need to be replaced completely.

While a phone is waterproof, it should never be intentionally in contact with water, because it'll always come back to bite you sooner or later.

Your Guess Makes sense, i will try to do that, see if it helps

Ok you could try this: go to dial and type *#0*# then click Red Green and Blue. Try it a couple times, it should reset the pixels. Maybe that is your problem, not the water.

@xacobecm Thank you , i tried it, but i think it is not the case because the green line gets on top of the green color too, i tried it many times, still the same, if only a part of screen is lit , the green line shows, so i turned off Always on display because the green line would show up if it is on.

This FIXED my problem! I had a vertical line up and down the right side of my screen and this fixed it... however... a few days later it came back. I did this again and it fixed it again..... hopefully it will not come back in a few days?

My s6 edge has not got wet, damp or anything else. All of a sudden I have this green line down l/h side of screen. Dialling *#0*# has made no difference. It has appeared after receiving news bulletin from Samsung. Green line pls go away before I take a hammer to this malfunctioning phone!

I have two lines 1 green on the left side and one red on the right side. On the right side if I put pressure all the way on the top of my phone the red line will go away but not permanently. On the left side if I put pressure on the top of my phone it doubles or triples the green line. So right now I have one green line.

I have the green line on the left side of the screen also. I also had the red line on the right side of the screen. For the red line I put pressure with my thumb on the top of the phone and it goes away only temporarily. For the green line I put my phone in the freezer for 3 or 4 minutes and cold it down and the green line disappeared. But I don't know how long it will last yet.

If your phone is always on let it cool down. If you don't want to turn it off put it in the refrigerator for a couple of minutes.

Alex akerez will be eternally grateful.