The Galaxy S7 Edge is the curved-screen variant of Samsung's 2016 flagship phone, the Galaxy S7. Announced February 2016 and released on March 11. Model SM-G935.

Why does my screen has a green vertical line on left side

Hello everyone!

As you know G S7 edge is water proof , so yesterday my screen was really dirty so I had to wash (done alot no probs) and then when I wanted to dry it there wasn't anything except air blowing dryer for hands (shopping mall) so I did after 2 minutes I saw a green line on the left side of my screen, my question will be, is it fixable? I don't wanna change the whole screen , too expensive , just to see if there is a way to fix it ?

Thank you in advance for your help

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

My guess is the liquid got behind the screen which is where the LCD ribbon cable flex is.

If you are lucky you may be able to get away with just cleaning the corrosion behind the LCD if not the screen would need to be replaced completely.

While a phone is waterproof, it should never be intentionally in contact with water, because it'll always come back to bite you sooner or later.

Your Guess Makes sense, i will try to do that, see if it helps

Ok you could try this: go to dial and type *#0*# then click Red Green and Blue. Try it a couple times, it should reset the pixels. Maybe that is your problem, not the water.

@xacobecm Thank you , i tried it, but i think it is not the case because the green line gets on top of the green color too, i tried it many times, still the same, if only a part of screen is lit , the green line shows, so i turned off Always on display because the green line would show up if it is on.

This FIXED my problem! I had a vertical line up and down the right side of my screen and this fixed it... however... a few days later it came back. I did this again and it fixed it again..... hopefully it will not come back in a few days?

Alex akerez will be eternally grateful.