A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Ps4 fan never changes speed, always on low.

I recently cleaned out a PS4 I was given, because it was awful and would overheat. I cleaned it out and changed the power supply, it does turn on now, however after doing so the fan will never speed up when its getting hot and it causes some games to stutter. (or the only one I've seen was Overwatch it makes my controls delay and the sound shuts off sometimes) Maybe I didnt hook something up? I dont know where it would sense temp from I'd guess somewhere on the board though right? Anyways thanks in advance.

Most Helpful Answer

It is very possible your heat sensors that control the fans are damaged. I don’t know much about PS4 but that seems like the surefire solution to it.

If it isnt changing after a factory reset of the device, i would suggest two things.

First, try to replace the fan. The signal could not be making it to the fan itself.

if this doesnt fix the issue, then the heat sensors are not working. Splice the 5V input of the fan, to the 12V output of the PSU. The fan will be very loud, but will also be running on max at all times instead of low, which will help with the overheating.

Yeah, I'll probably just live with it being super loud and on full fan. Anyway where should I run this wire? Its a pretty long distance, I guess over the PSU. Unless I'm thinking of connecting it to the wrong thing.

Well there are multiple revisions of the PS4, so it can be different for each. the simplest solution to this, is running it all the way to the plug for the power supply, regardless of model. When doing this, try your best to follow any other wires as much as possible, and use the natural grooves between parts to get there.

Bimmy Larter will be eternally grateful.