Announced in March 2015 and released April 10, 2015, the Galaxy S6 Edge is the curved-screen version of Samsung's newest flagship smartphone.

Samsung S6 Edge Sudden Battery Drain

When my phone gets to 60% battery, it suddenly starts searching for service, then the battery dies and the phone shuts off.

I only see these cases occur when people over charge the unit. Usually, they leave their phone charging over night and/or they constantly charge their phone despite not being low.

Back up the device, and perform a reset. Use Samsung Smart Switch for backing up.

Before resetting make sure you know your passwords for google/samsung account.

Hold the Power Button, Home, and Vol Up and you will see the samsung logo appear, let go of the home button and hold on to the power and vol .up button until you see the Android Mascot. Run the factory reset.

After resetting, let your phone charge to 100% and stop charging it until you runs the battery dry. Charge again once dead to 100% and just run it throughout the day. *there is not time span, just monitor the battery percentage as it's being consumed.

I typically run youtube videos back to back.

Hope this helps.

If juax's suggestions don't work, consider replacing the battery.

I don't think it is the battery, I have checked it and it is good. This problem only happens when the phone suddenly starts searching for service

This is a somewhat known issue caused by an update. So far, the best fix is to see if there are any apps that need to be updated, if so, update them. There’s not much you can do about it yet.

ARlene will be eternally grateful.