iPhone5s won’t turn on/charge or reset

I’ve tried hard reset, cleaning debris out of the port, dfu mode, all of the general ways without popping the phone open (which I have no problem doing).

My point is I want to find out whether this is repairable before I spend money on it. If I can find the source of the problem I’ll have hope.

It was taken to a shop and they got it back on

P.s this also only happens to the phone when it’s fully dead. The shop manages to get it turned on and I just want to know how.

Is there anything I’m missing?

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Unfortunately, troubleshooting iPhones usually requires access to known-good replacement parts. If I understand you correctly, the phone works fine until the battery gets fully depleted. Then it will not charge or anything else. A repair shop got it started again but the same issue happens when the battery depletes again.

At the root of it, it sounds like a charge circuit issue, which would require a logic board repair (micro-soldering). Whether that's an economically viable repair, only you can answer that question. Most shops work on a no fix no fee basis so you don't have much to lose.

Kieran will be eternally grateful.