LG's flagship smartphone, with a unique slide-out battery and detachable I/O module supporting multiple hardware expansion options. Released in April 2016.

Accidentally broke a little tab off the motherboard

There is a small tab with 2 metal connectors that is right beside the battery connection on the motherboard. It also seems to slide into the phone base. Broke this off by accident. However the phone still charges, and the speaker and mic still work. Anyone know what it does?

[Broken piece https://imgur.com/gallery/TNMFL|Link to picture of broken part]

Edit: fixed link

I cant view the picture of the broken part, the link is not shared publicly.

Sorry, fixed the link

Judging by the guides, it looks like it doesn't actually connect to anything. Probably used in the factory for debugging / JTAG.

But the only part I see it connecting to is the modular battery but I don't think there are two contacts that align to that spot.

It's been two days and everything is working normally, so I think I may have dodged a bullet. Thanks!

Could this potentially have something to do with an antenna? The phone seems to be having a harder time than usual seeing cellular service/lte. Fluctuates between having full bars and searching for service .

Sam Thornton will be eternally grateful.