Released on September 19, 2014, this 4.7" screen iPhone is the smaller version of the iPhone 6 Plus. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589.

iPhone 6 touch ic problem. Can it be fixed?

My iphone 6 has screen freezing problem and its out of guarantee. Gave it to a service centre named buzzmee in Bangalore India, and they found that the problem is with touch ic. They say the touch ic can be replaced but there is no guarantee whether the phone will work after that or not. Any advise here?

I agree with Ben below... but the statement that they cannot guarantee the phone will work again would worry me about their experience. I have done countless repairs on touch IC and never had the phone "Not" work again. I would explore other techs if possible or even consider mailing in your phone to a service center that offers "No fix / No Charge". there are several here on Ifixit business Pros that offer this service as well and do not charge if not fixable. Also, ask if they do replacement with New IC, if they reball the existing IC or if they just reflow the solder and don't remove it at all.

Most Helpful Answer

I would go ahead with the repair. It's either you get it fixed or basically buy another phone.

joe will be eternally grateful.