Model Number A1707. Released June 2017, this MacBook Pro features Kaby Lake processors up to the 2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz.

MacBook Pro fell and is dented. Is it repairable and at what cost?

Hi my MacBook Pro 2017 fell and it was open so mostly landed on the edge of the metal at the top of the screen. It also caught the top left when it’s closed. I still don’t know if there is any internal problems but it seems to be working ok. I noticed the bottom left of the screen has a little glow. This is baaaaad. It’s my work computer and I have to fix it. Any idea how much this could cost? ☹️

thanks guys! I have an appointment with the apple store and then I will let you know how it goes. I would consider living with it, but as my work computer, I am responsible for keeping it in the original condition :/

Being a 2017 model, it's going to be expensive. If you're savvy enough with a screwdriver and have the patience, you can get replacement screens on ebay for probably anywhere around the $300 to $500 range and swap it out yourself. If you bring it to a tech, they will probably charge around $150 to replace it in labor cost.

A new screen from Apple will cost around $900 to probably $1500 depending ... my advice is, if it works, live with it. I've dropped my late model 2013 twice and actually cracked the screen ... twice ... replaced it ... twice ... no bueno!

:-)

At this point Apple is the only source for the part (display assembly). It won't be cheap, but cheaper than buying a new system. I would go the the Apple Store or authorized service center to get an estimate (Apple is free) They can at least tell you what it will cost.

Mika will be eternally grateful.