Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

On/Off switch works only when left side of phone is held...

Just to make sure I'm on the right track, my iPhone 3Gs' sleep/lock button and up volume switch only works when the left side of the phone is pressed together. Also, I have low volume (even with the setting all the way up) in some apps, keyclicks, specifically. Does that indicate a problem with the headphone jack assembly?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Hi, Terry,

I don't know if anything new has been done...maybe it's because the phone has been dropped? I will make an attempt to open the phone and check for that contact... Thanks for the direction!

try reseating headphone jack connector 5 or 6 (can never remember which one- it's the square one) onto motherboard. it's on the left side of phone and may just have come loose.

Hi Michael, If you've had a new screen digitizer or lcd fitted, some times the tiny contact metal strip just misses it's contact point easy fix just open phone & bend clip until you get it to work

Michael will be eternally grateful.