Does changing the Power IC affect the data?

Hello guys

i had a problem in my phone after it got dropped , it's turning on and showing apple logo for 10 sec , then black screen and stays black

when in black screen i can see that there is light in the screen from back , means it's working but nothing appears in the screen

so i went to a local Maintenance store , he said he will change the power IC , and sometimes data will be lost , and sometimes it will stay

is it true ? because i don't want to lose my data

thanks in advance

'<<<<<<<<<<<<

Never heard of such side effect when changing some power component..no direct connection with data storage..unless once screws up the repair and damages the nand. From what you describe it seems it's just the image disappearing after boot or did I misunderstood ? Do you have a Pc to plug in the phone and confirm you can interact with it through itunes after the image disappears..can you confirm that ?

If that's the case it's very questionable replacing the power IC will solve your problem.

thanks arbman

i connected it to itunes and it is recognized , but it tell me that i have to uptade , when i try to update it gives me error 4013

i have no backup for my data

Error 4013 seems to be related to a number of issues including damaged nand, damaged baseband, faulty connection to Pc, itunes problem, faulty screen _and_ faulty power IC. You need a good technician who knows his job and finds out what is the real problem before starting changing potentially good components and wasting your money.

very thankful

can you tell me when exactly does the phone lose its data ?

Nand chips are very resistant and long lasting. But they work on power and can get damaged by an overvoltage or by a short in their power/data lines. That can happen if phone is severely dropped, water damaged or the phone is surcharged by a cheap/unsuitable charger.

Sometimes nand chips die out of wear, but that's pretty rare.

Hesham Adwan will be eternally grateful.