Also known as Samsung on5(2016) with the model number G-570. A slim metallic body with corning gorilla glass and exynos 7570 quad chipset.

Why can I transfer all of my photos from phone to pc via usb?

I have connected my J5 to my pc, it has seen it and connected fine, however, it's only transferred a small portion of my photos, not all of them. Also, the ones I can't transfer via usb won't transfer by Bluetooth either. They're not in a different file or been saved any differently so can't understand why this is happening??

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Have you tried using Samsung Smart Switch to see if it can extract the photos?

To make it quicker after installing, plug unit > go into More (top right of app) > Preferences > Back Up Items > Select only the items you want (in this case Pictures) > Save and initiate back up.

You can then check the storage file on your computer to see if it extracted all the photos.

If it did not do so, then there is a chance you may have the photos on Google Drive and you're just streaming them/display them on the Photos App.

Hope this helps, good luck.

Smart switch did the trick, thanks very much

For Samsung phone user, Samsung kies is the way for you to choose, you can use it to transfer your files from Samsung phone to computer, or you can use Samsung backup tool, it is also helpful, and you can preview the whloe photos, and move all photos from Samsung phone to computer.

Actually, Samsung Kies and Samsung data assistant tool are the softwares for you to transfer files from Samsung phone to computer, and you can also use it to move the files as you like, and it support to transfer thousands of photos in a little time, just try the way.

Caroline Kirkham will be eternally grateful.