The larger version of Samsung's newest flagship phone, the Galaxy S8+. Released in April 2017.

Device doesn't charge after display replacement.

Hey, I needed to replace the display of an S8 Plus. Unfortunately it doesn't charge after the replacement. The temperature is too low. I tried a new battery and the phone starts but still it won't charge and I get the same error that device temperature is too low. Any ideas?

Hi. I had the same problem for 2 s8 and s8+. Try to assemble the whole phones, including screws, without back cover and put it in charge. It worked for me, i hope it will do it for you as well.

Thank you! It worked for me too!

Most Helpful Answer

Charging port is most likely faulty. I take it you used a replacement display assembly which included LCD with frame and charging port with it?

I'm not 100% sure about this but the charging port model label mismatch from the phone model can cause issues e.g SM-G920I with SM-G920F for example.

No I had to take the original charging port, but I will try another one and tell you if it worked! Thank you :)

bmgfabi will be eternally grateful.