Washer Leaks Only During Agitation Cycle

Have noticed my "Whirlpool" direct drive top loading washer leaks only during agitation, to include washing and rinsing cycle. It's a pretty intense leak as well, to the point where I can watch the soap bubbles run across the floor to the lowest spot. I'm pretty sure I can just replace the gasket/seal on the bottom of the agitator, but I wanted to get someone else's opinion before I pull my washer apart. After perusing many websites and much googling, I have yet to find a decent guess.

After roommate reported that it only leaked during SuperCapacity Wash Cycle, I tested it again. Washer only leaked during beginning and end of agitation cycle with an extremely light load. Also a little more during rinse cycle, but nothing serious.

Cause 1

Tub Seal and Bearing Kit

The tub seal might be torn, causing water to leak from the seal. If the tub seal is leaking water, water may leak through the tub seal and into the tub bearings. This can cause the bearings to fail. For this reason, if the tub seal is leaking water, replace both the tub seal and the tub bearings. Be aware that this is a complicated repair and will require disassembling most of the washer.

Cause 2

Tub Seal

Brian Graves will be eternally grateful.