An easy to use home Espresso machine created by Saeco and rebranded for Starbucks. This machine is excellent for every day espresso drinkers and has an excellent build and product life.

Descaling or cleaning product for Starbucks Barista

I went into Starbucks and they gave me a packet called URNEX, Urn and Brewer cleaner. Is this a good one to use for this machine?

Thank you so much, glad I didn't use that. I found one at a store called Durgol. They recommended highly. I haven't tried it yet. Is this okay to use?

http://www.wholelattelove.com/Durgol/dur...

Durgol will work just fine.

Oh THANK YOU!!!

Most Helpful Answer

That product is designed to clean drip coffee makers and carafes; to descale the inside of the Barista boiler you need a citric acid based product such as Dezcal (also made by Urnex).

DEFINITELY DON'T USE LEMON JUICE. My Barista manual recommends a product designed for the machines, a citric acid, OR pulp-free lemon juice. I used bottled lemon juice, and before I could finish the descaling process, the machine kicked out the GFI switch on any outlet I plugged it into (and still continues to a day and a half later). One of the questions on this site addressed that problem--I followed all the suggestions, but the machine is damaged.

Kat Matley will be eternally grateful.