Furby was a popular electronic robotic toy resembling a hamster/owl-like creature which went through a period of being a "must-have" toy following its launch in the holiday season of 1998, with continual sales until 2000. Furbies sold 1.8 million units in 1998, 14 million units in 1999, and altogether in its three years of original production, Furbies sold over 40 million units.

New out of box 1998 furby not talking or making sound.

Just took it out of the packaging first time ever. I put brand new batteries in it as well. It moves and wiggles but does not talk or make any noise.... what is wrong?!? do i need a new speaker?? This one has never been used....ever.... =(

Most Helpful Answer

@dragonfly10 here is my answer to a similar question "Once you have installed fresh batteries, and Furby still won't talk, push the reset button and the tongue at the same time when the Furby is turned on. To turn on the Furby, turn it completely upside down and back upright again. After that you can see if the speaker needs to be replacing by checking this site out. I would get to the "tummy switch" and check the circuit from there. You do have a couple of choices here. Check the switch, then the speaker. Check the connector for both. You will need a multimeter to check those. Follow the schematic to work on your Furby's voice, and check on here for directions on how to skin the Furby." Hope this helps, good luck.

thank you!!!

It still doesn't work...I mean it is like 25 years old but....I don't know what to do..

Becca will be eternally grateful.