The Galaxy S7 Edge is the curved-screen variant of Samsung's 2016 flagship phone, the Galaxy S7. Announced February 2016 and released on March 11. Model SM-G935.

What does the (TSP_TA) circuit Do On Galaxy 7 Edge?

Missing a Resistor on this repair, I've ordered it and going to replace it but curious to know what this circuit does?

@teetopp lest see what vicinity the resistor s near

and considering the vicinity of HDC9001 it stands to reason that R9004 is part of the power management/display circuitry. This is of course just an assumption based on location.

Thank you :) I'm not a bad "Parts changer" Lol...but still have a world to learn on the How & Why ;) I know what I know pretty well but there is such a learning curve to add something new to the mix!

@teetopp you are doing awesome. Not a single day goes by where I do not learn something from you or @refectio Your answers are spot on and well explained. A pleasure to have both of you being part of this community.

Thank you, that's a great compliment coming from you :)

I haven't looked at the whole schematic so I don't know what purpose this has. However, this is basically a switched Pull-up/Pull-down line. If the AP_USB_VBUS line (coming from U7001 / SAFEOUT) is High, it will turn on the FET and the TSP_TA line is pulled High to ~1.8V (100R/10K voltage divider). If the AP_USB_VBUS line is Low, then the FET is turned off and now the TSP_TA line is pulled Low by R9004.

The TSP_TA line goes to two different connectors so it is likely sending a control signal to the display.

Thank you very much!

Michael will be eternally grateful.