iPhone 3GS

Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Can I swap my logic board and SIM into a new handset?

I recently toasted my iPhone 3GS, the silent switch needs replacing and I can only hear a phone conversation when in speaker phone. I figure I can kill two birds with one stone if I buy a new handset for cheap. The only thing is, it wouldn't have the same capacity as my current phone.

Could I simply swap out the Logic Board and my SIM card into the new handset? Is there more work involved?

do what gabe suggests or you can buy the rear panel with the battery/headphone jack in. save the hassel of installation and your phone will look like new. but the cheapest option is gabes idea..

buying a used phone seems a bit silly... you've got a whole lot of useful parts(like the motherboard) going to waste..

Most Helpful Answer

Well... If the other phone's silent switch and front screen works then use that. An alternative is to buy a replacement mute switch here and Front Panel Display and it will save you even more money!

joegnemmi will be eternally grateful.