iPhone 6 battery drain after screen replacement

I have recently got a customers phone that needed a screen replacement because it had a cracked screen. I have done this many times, however, this time the screen I ordered had white lines coming down from it. I thought it was a faulty screen and sent it back and bought a new one. The new one works perfectly but the battery suddenly drains every quickly. I have done a few tests but I can't figure out what is wrong. I would be very greatfull if someone can help me out here.

Observations:

• Checked anohter screen, still draining
  • Found out that phone has lots of heat at shield below connectors
  • Looked under microscope and not damage to connectors or filters
  • Even when screen unplugged phone drains battery and is warm

take the shield off and see if you can detect where the heat is coming from

Ok should I take off the shield and let you know

Most Helpful Answer

It could be caused by faulty software (iOS 11.0.0-11.0.3 have major battery bugs) or maybe the battery was damaged during the screen replacement,

I have used a fully working iphone 6 and put the motherboard from the draining iphone 6 and I can confirm that it's still draining battery so it must be a motherboard problem. The phone has not been updtated to IOS 11

Should be in the maintenance process wrong operation led to abnormal screen display, if the replacement of the new battery power consumption or abnormal power Ying Yousan reasons: 1, the battery energy shortage. 2, motherboard leakage. 3, the latest system power consumption anomaly.

The phone is on IOS 10 so it hasn't been updated. It's a motherboard problem because I have put it in a working iphone 6 but just swapped the motherboard and it's still draining the battery.

Tom will be eternally grateful.