CDMA version of the fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. 16 or 32 GB / Model A1349 / CDMA compatibility.

Wifi teardown was missed

Actually, there is a Broadcom part on one of the modules but looks like Ifixit.com totally miss it ... see other provider of information :

http://www.eetimes.com/electronics-news/...

hopefully this should be corrected so the teardown is more accurate.

Most Helpful Answer

I added the info here. We didn't miss the chip, it's just that we didn't find its appearance in the iPhone 4 significant. It is the same exact chip found in the GSM iPhone 4, and we mentioned previously on that same step in the iPhone 4 Verizon teardown that the Wi-Fi setup was one part of the RF system that wasn't revamped between the GSM and Verizon iPhones. Regardless, the information is now on the step.

iPhone 4 Image

Guide

iPhone 4 Teardown

Difficulty: Moderate

This answer was originally to another question.

19.2MHz TCXO & 32.768kHz RTC crystal

Would you mind giving a link to this? Thanks

The MDM6600(on page 95) calls for a 19.2MHz Clock, which is generated by the PM IC PM8028.

32.768kHz RTC is used on every phone.

Cool! Fast correction by ifixit.com

No problemo, thanks for pointing it out! I added some more info to this step that shows the chip's probable location. I saw that you got a TechInsights employee to correct that EE Times article, nice work ;)

Astrud will be eternally grateful.