Parts & Tools

Touch screens stop working when screen is down?

Replaced the screen months ago. No issue. It got a little water damage, still continued to work. Now the touch stopped working. I opened the phone and tough started working somehow. But when I go to secure the screen (click it into place and put the screws in) the touch stops again. Very frustrating. Help?

careful you might have touch disease! oh, i love apple lol.

Was touch disease a problem with the 5 series?

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

The water may have done more damage than you suspect; this is quite typical. Normally, a water damaged phone should be properly decontaminated otherwise you will have latent issues.

In your case, I would carefully inspect the Home Button, it's flex and the connectors to see if there is any corrosion that could be causing this issue.

Thank you for the advice!

Austin Harris will be eternally grateful.