1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.8GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache

MacBook Air 13" Battery Replacement

Hi!

I have a MacBook Air 13" (2012 - model A1466) needing a new battery and I would like to know if I can replace it with a A1377 battery, removed from another MacBook Air 13" (2010 - model A1369)?

If so, there will be any problem with the MacBook Air 13" (2012 - model A1466) working with the A1377 battery?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Swapping batteries on the most part is not the best idea. While the battery maybe the correct battery the lifespan of the battery may not be very long given its age and cycle count.

Run CoconutBattery on your current battery and then again with the used replacement. You will need to reset SMC and calibrate your replacement battery to get the most out of the replacement battery.

Yes, Dan. But the A1377 battery (MacBook Air 2010 - model A1369) was in better condition than the A1405 battery (MacBook Air 2012 - model A1466).

I swapped the batteries, reset the SMC and (until now) everything seems ok.

Thanks for your help!

Not doubting you ;-}

Was just setting the correct expectation here.

MacBook Air 13” (Mid 2010 to Early 2015) Replacement Battery

According to this page, the two appear to be compatible. The parts listed are aftermarket, but I would assume that the original Apple parts would be just as interchangeable. And being original Apple parts, it will probably be even less likely to give you problems than if it were aftermarket.

MacBook Air 13” (Mid 2010 to Early 2015) Replacement Battery Image

Thanks for your reply, Rachel Acosta.

After checking the compatibility on that link I swapped the batteries, reset the SMC and (until now) everything seems ok.

Again, thanks for your help!

telmo will be eternally grateful.