Parts & Tools

The Acer Chromebook 11 was released in December 2015. It can be identified by its model name: CB3-131-C3KD.

I can't hear any sound. What could be causing this?

I can't get my Chromebook to produce any sound. The volume is turned up to the highest setting, but it still won't work.

LCD iPhone Screen Fix Kits

The budget option, covered by our Lifetime Warranty.

Shop Kits

LCD iPhone Screen Fix Kits

Cut repair costs, not quality.

Shop Kits

Most Helpful Answer

Try changing the sound output. Click on your account photo, and next to the volume slider, click the Right Arrow. See if you can change where the sound comes from. Please check out our troubleshooting page under the 'sound problems' section for more information.

I’m searching for answers to wonder why?

In most circumstances that involve Chromebook speaker issues (especially in Chromebooks, as they tend to be weak) the problem with them is that water has gotten into them or they have been tampered with. If this is the case, you should buy a new set of speakers. The other possibility: If you have taken your Chromebook apart before, you may have forgotten to plug your speakers back in or plugged them in the wrong area. It depends on what Chromebook brand and model you are using, however. Then again, it may be something as simple as you have blown them out by playing heavy metal too loud.

If you have blown them out, you will definitely need a new speaker.

I have had this problem before on my Acer Chromebook 11 C720-P

adamhendrix will be eternally grateful.