Can't toggle off of loud speaker on Voice Memo

@refectio, have you experienced this or know what may be going on? I just completed a repair on Iphone 6 U2 IC, replaced screen and battery. During testing it, everything works good except the "Voice Memo" ... When recording, it works, during playback it will only play through loud speaker. Touch the blue speaker to toggle it to earpiece and it looks like it registered the touch but does not turn red and play (toggle) to the ear speaker.

I verified earpiece works through phone calls and can toggle to loud speaker okay.

Most Helpful Answer

Electrically speaking, the audio signal should go through the same circuit. I would check the filters FL1802 & FL1803 to see if they have any control aspects that may be causing this issue.

@refectio Thank you for your reply... but from what my customer says....not that I have used it before... It toggles to the earpiece that you would listen to a phone call through... would that (FL 1802 and FL 1803) have anything to do with the earpiece? Or is that the headphone jack... I'm confused by this one

Pretty sure it is a software issue. Customer said he has another that was working fine on 10.3.3 till he updated IOS to 11.0.3

Yeah, my bad...I read but apparently didn't understand ;>). I usually use the voice memo app to test the prox sensor, microphone and headphones so I made that logical leap without re-reading your question.

Hello, same problem here iPhone 6 Plus and Voice Memo and ear speaker doesn’t turn on or proximity sensor doesn’t work when covered. iOS 11.0.3

iPhone has all Original parts inside except battery what is Quality Nohon battery.

Proximity sensor works at phone calls.

Ear speaker works at phone calls.

But they don’t work at Voice Memo.

Michael will be eternally grateful.