CDMA version of the fourth generation iPhone. Repair is straightforward, but the front glass and LCD must be replaced as a unit. 16 or 32 GB / Model A1349 / CDMA compatibility.

Improvements from hardware changes?

ifixyouri.com claims that from their teardown, the following things have been changed in the Verizon iPhone:

"Vibrator, speaker housing, headphone jack, different cover for the front facing camera, dock connector flex(?), different frame for the glass."

Aside from the vibrator, are any of these changes functional improvements?

It's probably too early to tell if you are asking about users who have the VZ iPhone, as it isn't out yet. I would imagine the changes may make some improvements but I can't imagine moving these things make that much of a difference.

personally I believe that most of these changes are in preparation for the iPhone 5 and am convinced that most of them will be showing up there. I don't believe that a company like Apple will make changes just to make changes. It is a company with a good foresight of things to come.

Here's the new iFixit teardown: iPhone 4 Verizon Teardown

Pablo Martinez will be eternally grateful.