Why does my phone always die and restart at high percentages?

When I wake up in the morning, my phone will be at 100%, but the second I take it off the charger, it will start dropping fast until it gets in the lower 90’s. This takes less than 5 minutes. Then all of the sudden, it shuts off and restarts but goes to 10% exactly every time. It will stay at 10% for hours, but then it starts dropping again and dies. It takes about 2 hours for it to even turn on when I put it on the charger after it dies.

My friend dropped my phone a while back so I had to get a new screen replacement.. but I don’t know if this has to die anything with it

Probably not. You likely need a new battery

Parts

iPhone 6s Replacement Battery

Labor

iPhone 6s Battery Replacement

iPhone 6s Replacement Battery Image

Second iMedics answer, unfortunetly it's a common thing to happen especially if you have updated to iOS 11 I've talked to a few customers whom are also having battery drain issues after updating. A battery replacement should help with lasting to a full day off of one charge

Hopefully he doesn't need to downgrade

I third @theimedic's answer, although you MAY be eligible for a free battery from Apple since it is an iPhone 6S.

If the iPhone has never been opened (it has in your case),

Or if it has been repaired by Apple,

OR if the screen was not replaced by Apple and your Apple employee is in a good mood that day and disregards the replaced screen (although technically a screen replacement should not void other warranties by law).

To check if you are eligible, go here and follow the instructions. If you are, you can try your luck at a nearby Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP).

Otherwise like @theimedic said, just get a battery from iFixit and replace it yourself. If it a straightforward repair and iFixit batteries are GREAT (I use them myself for all my customer and they love them).

@rany screw Apple! Just get the iFixit battery! Rats...I'm out...of 6S...

Nick M will be eternally grateful.