Repair and support for the third generation of the Flip portable speaker by JBL.

JBL FLIP 3 - Piece of motherboard fell off labelled 1R5

I dropped by speaker a little while ago, it approximately fell from 1.4 meters, as soon as it dropped the audio stopped, I checked it, the battery charges, it connects to Bluetooth and the led display works, so I further investigated because I could here a rattle, I have check the motherboard and found a piece that looks like it has been de attached from the motherboard labelled 1R5? Is this fixable?

Help required please

where is it placed on the mother board?

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

yes its fixable its a coil, you need to find the place it came of on the board and solder it on, but you would need to see if the pads have been damaged

Thanks for your help, I had got impatient so I decided to play around and found where it went and the sound worked so I soldered it back on and there we go done.

Hello my name is David I have the same problem you describe ! I would like to ask for an explanation about how to solder it back , i don't know how to do it or to verify if the pads are damaged

Please help me

Thank you and advance

Check to make sure the pads are shiny metal. If they are dull green material, the pads are damaged. If they are metal, they are good.

Due to how JBL assembles this speaker, dont bother taking the board out. Just remove the front speakers (carefully using a screwdriver to disconnect the connector) and the side diaphrams. Tin the pads and the 1R5 part (called an inductor), then remove the excess solder with a wick. Use a chisel tip soldering iron to solder one side at a time, being careful not to melt the case. Hold it for like 15-30 seconds on each joint so you get a good connection: the reason it failed in the first place was that JBL had cold solder joints.

XxMasked ManxX will be eternally grateful.