unrecognised electrica connector stops me opening screen to 90 degrees

I tried following the ifixit onscreen nstructions and video to get teh screen open to 90 degreen to get t my battery. There is a ziz-zag shaped connectorlinking the screen to the base on my phone that does not show in the video and i cannot lift the screen more than about 20 degress so cant get at the battery - any offers??

Here is a short video clip that may help you:

https://youtu.be/UkltRLdfYBs?t=1m5s

Many thanks Michael, I'll give that a go. I noticed a small plate that looked detchable in there, Stillinterested as to why none of the the other videos had to show that step as being necessary though?

You are welcome. I actually took a look at the link @oldturkey03 had added and it was there :) You may have overlooked it or not seen this link but either way, happy to have helped :)

Alan use and check the iFixit guides on here iPhone 5s Front Panel Replacement Step 9 would be the part I am thinking of. The touch ID ribbon cable.....

I never even looked for the ifixit guide after he said he looked and it wasn't there...next time I'll check first :)

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Still intrigued as to why this doesnt show in the battery replacement video.

Alan will be eternally grateful.