Introduced in May 1999, the 2000 model year Maxima (designated A33) was a refresh of the previous car, designed at Nissan's La Jolla, California design studio during 1996–1997 under Jerry Hirshberg.

2000 Maxima misfire and stalling after warmup

Having trouble with my 2000 Maxima, clean throttlebody, tested IAC valve, replaced MAF sensor, now I can feel a misfire. It has stalled on me several times and is reluctant to restart, what is the proper way to test ignition coils ?

Is it possible that it is fuel related? 147,000 miles on this car, do not know the history of the fuel filter.

@jkinnardinc before replacing any parts, I suggest you get your Nissan scanned. Check places like Autozone etc. that will scan it for free. Let us know what codes if any, your scan shows.Here is what the SM says about the rough idle:"

TEST ITEM

POWER BALANCE

Condition

• Engine: After warming up, idle the engine.
  • A/C switch “OFF”
  • Shift lever “N”
  • Cut off each injector signal one at a time using CONSULT-II.

JUDGEMENT

Engine runs rough or dies.

CHECK ITEM (REMEDY)

• Harness and connector
  • Compression
  • Injectors
  • Power transistor
  • Spark plugs
  • Ignition coils

Attached is the ENGINE CONTROL SYSTEM part of the SM This shows you what and where to check, but some of the checks will require specialized tools.

Nissan-Maxim-ENGINE-CONTROL-SYSTEM.pdf

I appreciate the feedback, after another test drive after fixing the exhaust, I realized I had a misfire that was becoming more and more pronounced, in 25 years of wrenching on cars, I made another mistake, I did not look at the plugs first. The service history on this car when I bought it was almost immaculate, I thought for sure the previous owner had taken care everything. They had not taken care of spark plugs, I felt like such a rookie, The spark plugs had almost no electrode left at all. I am getting my new spark plugs today and I believe that will solve my problems. Thank you again for the help. Please don’t make the same mistakes that I did, check the basics first.

Jacob Kinnard will be eternally grateful.