Released January 2016 as part of BLU's budget line of smartphones.

How do I stop my BLU VIVO XL2 phone from detecting ghost touches?

This happens more when the phone is charging, but also happens sometimes when it is not....but the touchscreen seems possessed when I'm using it.

I would select one thing and I would feel the phone vibrate several times and it would eventually select something else above or below whatever I originally wanted to select. It happens on any website, while using any online or offline app, and on the home screen.

I've turned on the option to make my touches visible, and noticed that my phone detects three different touches in rapid fire secession (on the point I select, one inch above, and one inch below).

Any useful solutions would be greatly appreciated.

BLU Vivo XL2, no visible external damages, no screen cracks, all original manufacturer parts, no software mods.

Most Helpful Answer

Here's a "cure-all" article for Android devices in general that have ghost touch issues. The first step looks to be removing any screen protectors, as it may be caused by dust underneath. Are you still under warranty?

Removing the screen protector didn't work. I am under warranty, and the BLU help desk's solution is to do a hard reset. I would like to avoid that if possible.

A hard reset can fix a lot of problems. It's also quicker than exchanging it for a new one. Can you back up the data somewhere so you don't lose it?

I did a hard reset twice. Didn't work. Going to complain to blu again. Of all the issues to be having this is the most frustrating. Anyone else find their phone doesn't connect to the internet properly either. Like only sometimes and then has a hard time loading things?

Yes I am having the exact same problem. I did a hard reset and that did not cure the problem very frustrating does anyone have a solution?

Mrdj will be eternally grateful.