Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

Touch ID enabled but unable to read fingerprints

I transferred the original home button to the phone after replacing its screen. This is the new screen I used to repair the phone.

Everything seems to work, but Touch ID doesn't seem to be able to recognize fingerprints. When I go to "Add a Fingerprint" and try to add a new one, nothing happens. It doesn't respond to my old fingerprint when unlocking the phone, either. I also tried to reset all settings, but that didn't fix the issue.

I tried re-opening the phone and making sure all the connectors were firmly in place and not loose. I also transferred the metal backplate of the original home button in case it required that as well. Didn't make a difference.

First test the original display, to rule out that the home button and cable itself aren't damaged. Then test another new display, so see if the first new display is the actual issue. With these 6S and 6S+ displays it's not so easy to change the home button cable on the display

Stephanie will be eternally grateful.