Does Touch ID require the metal shield to work?

When I opened my 5S, I accidentally lose the metal shield that holds the Touch ID cable to the motherboard. When I put everything back into place and turn the phone on, Touch ID no longer works. The home button was fine. I didn’t replace any components. So is that metal bracket required for Touch ID to work?

Shouldn't need the plate for the Touch ID to work no. But it won't work as a home button without that, while closed anyways. You should replace it with a new one. Also those two screws are pretty important in size. Meaning the home button won't work properly, if the screws aren't the right size

iPhone 5s/SE Home Button Bracket

iPhone 5s/SE Home Button Bracket Image

Sorry if my English made you misunderstood. But I was referring to this metal shield: https://imgur.com/gallery/4LYqr

Oh. That thing. Man that thing doesn't do anything. Have you gone into settings and...oh, I see what you've done. So you need to remove that home button cable. Disconnect battery. Reconnect battery. Reconnect home button cable and your Touch ID will come back

kekkekkek1 will be eternally grateful.