Does Touch ID require the metal shield to work?

When I opened my 5S, I accidentally lose the metal shield that holds the Touch ID cable to the motherboard. When I put everything back into place and turn the phone on, Touch ID no longer works. The home button was fine. I didn’t replace any components. So is that metal bracket required for Touch ID to work?

Shouldn't need the plate for the Touch ID to work no. But it won't work as a home button without that, while closed anyways. You should replace it with a new one. Also those two screws are pretty important in size. Meaning the home button won't work properly, if the screws aren't the right size

iPhone 5s/SE Home Button Bracket

iPhone 5s/SE Home Button Bracket Image

Product

iPhone 5s/SE Home Button Bracket

$5.99

Sorry if my English made you misunderstood. But I was referring to this metal shield: https://imgur.com/gallery/4LYqr

Oh. That thing. Man that thing doesn't do anything. Have you gone into settings and...oh, I see what you've done. So you need to remove that home button cable. Disconnect battery. Reconnect battery. Reconnect home button cable and your Touch ID will come back

Joker that tried to tell me how to fix it now lost the plate. I took an old 5s and used the plate for the home ribbon connection out of the old phone. Now I see why it was “mysteriously” missing. It was missing because whatever’s he did to that area, now no plate from any 5s phones work there.

The home button works, no Touch ID, but worst of all, no screen touch whatsoever now. For a brief moment in time there, I had it all working. He was going to show me some tip or something and caught his finger on the ribbon connector attached to the home button. But, it wasn’t a rugged injury at all. It didn’t sever it in any way. Right then I lost screen touch, and Touch ID capability, but home button is in tact. I can’t do much else because I can’t punch in the pin code to the phone because it doesn’t recognize any touch.

Anyway, if I get all of this worked out I’m just concerned now because of all of his “adjustments” since the slip of the finger now a bracket won’t even fit over that part. I just didn’t know if it was pertinent to operations or just to secure to ribbon in place? Any light that anyone may have to bear on the subject would be most appreciated! Thank you so much!

: )

Betty June

kekkekkek1 will be eternally grateful.