Full memory, won't turn on after soft reset

So, I got an iPhone 6 today, running very oddly. I soft reset it and now it will not boot all the way. Stays on the apple logo for a while, then shuts off all of a sudden.

No internal damage, new lightning cable didn't help.

Owner then mentioned that it was about 100% full with data/apps and photos.

Any way to restore the iPhone with data intact? Or to backup the data before restoring? I'm downloading the correct ecto ios versions now to give it a go.

Yeah..I mean if you can connect it to iTunes? Then you can back it up. Save the data, do a restore to the backup. With that being said, when you back it up, it'll have all the contacts and pictures and what not. But it won't have the non essential apps. So the phone will work. But the customer is going to download more things, and this will happen again. They really should get a new phone with more memory, to be able to handle all the data they're using

I can only connect it to iTunes in recovery mode though as it will not boot up all the way

Ruh roh. That means corrupted data, and you'll have to do a restore. And whatever hasn't been saved is lost. I've been promoting awareness with my customers to just pay the 99 cents a month for iCloud storage. It saves in times like this

Alright, thanks for the heads up. Bummer to hear! Any recommendations for a program to potentially get any of that data back? Or is the encryption going to kill that possiblity?

Have you ever tried 3utools.com? It's possible you could soft boot it. But you'll need to know which version of iOS you have

I just got 3utools today. Upgrading to ISO 11.0.3 seemed to clear things up. The clients whatsapp disappeared though. Kinda odd. A few gigs free now. I grabbed a backup and will have them delete about 1k of photos or just iCloud them.

Joseph Hughes will be eternally grateful.