Display randomly not working?

Every now and then, my screen doesn't work. It stays black, and requires a slight knock in the top-right corner to work again. All the display connectors are in the same condition as when I got the screen, and I have tried reseating them time and time again, with the same issue. Even when pressing on the connectors, the screen still stays out for a random period of time and then suddenly starts working again. It definitely seems like a problem with my current screen, but it followed me around from my last two screens, and I'm starting to suspect a board problem. Trouble is: Where do I start to diagnose this?

If you have the same problem with multiple screens, then surely the problem resides on the logic board.

I would start by inspecting the FPC connectors for any debris or damaged pins. You also need to determine if the problem is with the backlight or the LCD. Next time it happens, shine a bright light on the screen. If you see a dim image, then the problem is with the backlight circuit. If you see no image, then it's likely the LCD driver circuit.

If you have the tools and skills to do micro-soldering work, then you will need to download the schematic and start probing the appropriate circuit. Let me know if you want pointers, otherwise I suggest you find a micro-soldering repair shop.

I've seen it before; The whole display goes out for up to an hour at a time. This does seem like the LCD driver circuit is damaged. In the meantime, I already have a new 5s, but since I have nothing to lose on this phone (Also missing FL11 filter), I could possibly try learning to microsolder in my spare time. Any tips on starting out?

Edward Pedemonte will be eternally grateful.