The Apple iPhone 5c was announced on September 10, 2013. Repair of this device is similar to the previous models, and requires screwdrivers and prying tools. Available as GSM or CDMA / 8, 16, 32 GB / White, Pink, Yellow, Blue, and Green.

iPhone won't turn on after replacing screen

I was fixing an iPhone 5c that had a broken screen, and I put on the new screen and it worked fine. I couldn't get the new screen to fit just right into the phone so I took it off and plugged it back in again, but once I did this the phone would no longer turn on. The first time I plugged the screen in the phone would turn on just fine, and it was functional. However, once I had plugged it in again, nothing happened when I would click the power button, home button, or plug it in. I've tried taking the screen off and back on again, and I even took another iPhone 5c screen that I tested and was functional, but it did nothing on this phone. What could be the problem?

Most Helpful Answer

Did you unplug the battery when removing/fitting the screen.

Does iTunes recognise the device?

If the backlight has blown, you'll need a specialist micro solderer to repair, unplug battery, plug it in again, and switch on. Shine a light onto the screen and look at it from different angles, if you can barely see the Apple logo, then you've blown the backlight

Hold home + power for 15 seconds and try turning it on again.

Sounds like you unplugged and plugged in the screen connectors without unplugging battery meaning a backlight filter may be blown.

If the backlight filter is blown, would this be a problem with the screen or what? How would I repair that?

Also, I tried holding down the home and power buttons for a long time, but nothing happened

Daniel G. will be eternally grateful.