The Kenmore Elite HE3 is a washing machine by Kenmore.

Why is my washing machine making a squeaking sound?

My Kenmore Elite HE3 washing machine works well however it has developed a squeaking sound when it is running. I'm no expert but it sounds like a rubbery squeaking sound as if the sound is being made by a rubber part. The sound occurs when the drum is rotating only at slow speeds and it's only periodic.

Cause 1

Drive Pulley

The drive pulley might be worn out, cracked, loose or bent. Remove the drive pulley and inspect it carefully. If the drive pulley is damaged or defective, replace it.

Cause 2

Pulley

Cause 3

Drive Belt

The drive belt might be defective. Over time, the drive belt dries out and starts to crack. Eventually, a piece of the belt can break off, causing the belt to make a loud noise whenever the motor is running. To determine if the drive belt is broken, inspect the drive belt. If the drive belt is broken or damaged, replace it.

Chris will be eternally grateful.