What cpu that I can upgrade to.Or is it upgradable at all

I would like the cpu to be better then intel pentium dual cpu t2390. My device is a Sony VAIO PCG-7133L

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Look for a Core 2 Duo from the T7xxx series.

are sure that i can replace the cpu

would a core duo t7800 work

would a i5 520m work too

While most laptops have integrated CPUs, the Vaio, in a lot of the models is replaceable and not integrated. Here's a video on replacing on a very close model, the VAIO PCG-71211v: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXwJo896...

and here's another close model guide for doing it: Sony Vaio PCG-7184L (VGN-NW240F) Processor Replacement

So to tell, take a look at the CPU and see if it has a screw to loosen to take it out. If so then we can do some research as to what it might be able to accept.

would a core duo t7800 work

would a core i5 520m work

You cannot go to the i5 you have to stay with a core 2. Next tell us what socket it has. Did you look at it?

@mayer according to the motherboard specs it should be a PPGA478 socket....I guess you have to see what GameKing will tell you.

Lets make exactly sure of what you have:

PCG-7133L is associated with the models listed below.

This occurs when multiple names and numbers are defined for the same or very similar models.

Check the model/product name or number listed on the sticker located on the back or bottom of your unit. One of them should match a model in the list, and that is the one you should select.

VGNNR460D

VGNNR490E

VGNNR498E

https://esupport.sony.com/p/model-find.p...

Sorry this series uses a soldered CPU on the logic board.

Your only option is to replace the complete logic board.

Score -1

are you sure

@danj it is not!

The one I had years ago had a one way socket that you could press the chip in but couldn't remove it.

@danj good thing it is not about the one you had years ago......;-) If it was "soldered CPU on the logic board" how did you "press the chip in but couldn't remove it"

I didn't want to have to explain it. its functionally soldered. If its a ZIF in this model then I'll be the wiser.

Game King will be eternally grateful.