Model Number A1707. Released June 2017, this MacBook Pro features Kaby Lake processors up to the 2.9GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz.

Can I repair a chip in the screen?

So ive just got myself the all-new MacBook Pro after spending more than 5 years with my 13 inch retina, but I've only had it a month yet theres already a chip on the screen. I'm Stupidly careful with my laptops, I've had at least 10 people say "you spend more time cleaning it than using it", my last laptop had one chip after four years of owning it. Anyone know If I can use any scratch remover for the glass or do I have to wait for a glass panel for it to come out? or could I maybe get it covered under warranty?

thanks!

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Zac,

The screens have a coating on them so I would suggest against using a scratch remover as it will mess up the coating. I think your best bet would to bring it into the Apple store and see what your options are.

Thanks Blake! if it's the coating that's scratched, can I get some sort of liquid coating that will brush over the top of it? (like the retina coating fix)

Zac Stojanovic will be eternally grateful.