0

Lejeune
1

MacBook does not boot at all

No sound, no led - completely dead :-(

I have W/ & W/o the battery - starting the Macbook by pushing SHIFT, CTRL, CMD + different combination. I must also add that the wires are visible on the Mag safe plug (on the computer).

What test/check can i make to know which part I must change ?

if i change the logic board will it restart ?

Thanks for your help - Ph

Edited by: machead3 and oldturkey03 ( ) , Andrew Optimus Goldberg ( ) , Lejeune ( )

3

mayer
MacHale Enterprises

Remove the battery and see if it will start with just the AC adapter plugged in. If not does it do anything or make any kind of sound? Press the test button on the battery and tell us if it shows any charge.

Edited by: mayer ( )

Thank Mayer i have test your proposal (and updated my problem) but nothing happens. The test button on the battery does work anymore.

Lejeune,

Please explain. "the wires are visible".

mayer,

So it is apple ear phone, when my kids use the computer, the PVC protection not not fasten correctly to the mag safe plug so you can "see" the wire. I just need to put some protection tape to avoid any problem

Lejeune,

First use a multimeter to test the voltage output of the MagSafe adapter. Pins 2 & 4 should have 16.5 VCD. If it's good, remove the battery and engage the magsafe adapter and see if you get anything on startup.

mayer,