MacBook Pro boots briefly, then hangs on blank white screen.
So as the title says, I have a MacBook Pro that will boot partially and then get stuck on a white screen until I force it to shut down. I have tried all of the usual answers I see to this sort of question such as:
- Resetting the NVRAM.
- Resetting the SMC.
- Disconnecting the battery and draining all the power.
- Tried to boot into safe mode, ended up still hanging.
- Ran Apple Hardware Test, both normal and extended which showed no issues.
- Tried multiple sticks and sizes of RAM.
- Tried 3 different SSDs connected both internally and externally via an adapter.
- Tried an external monitor to rule out display issues.
- Booted into Single User mode and didn't notice any issues.
- Booted into Verbose mode which ended with it still hanging.
At this point I am out of ideas to try. I know for sure the drives I'm attempting to boot from are in working condition, as I've used them until now with no issues. I don't believe it to be a hardware issue as both the tests passed with no noted issues as I mentioned above. Am I perhaps missing something or is there some obscure fix I'm just not finding through my research. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated as I've been trying to solve this issue for several hours now.
Is this a good question?