Released September 16, 2016. Models A1661, A1784, and A1785. Available in 32, 128, or 256 GB configurations in Rose gold, gold, silver, black, jet black, and (Product)Red.

7 Plus Slow response to touch and Voice Memo greyed out

@refectio or anyone else have this issue? Have an Iphone 7 Plus that screen was replaced. Everything worked great after. Customer brought back about 5 weeks later and touch is having issues where is responds extremely slow...5 to 10 seconds between touching. Also Loud speaker does not work and Voice Memo is greyed out.

I found this video from Chris Long: https://youtu.be/b76EJrkH3gI?t=1m16s

It describes the issue exactly! But his attempt at audio IC repair and jumper did not work so not wanting to do that quite yet. Could this still be an IOS 11 issue with aftermarket screen? I know the touch could be, but with the Voice Memo greyed out and loud speaker not working, I am questioning that.

Any advice on fix?

Hey Michael. I haven't seen this personally but I have been staying up to date on it. I have read lot's of questions and comments regarding various lags and other issues that go beyond the 6S Aftermarket screen issue.

IMHO this is an iOS issue; there are just too many reports of these problems to be anything else and no one was making these complaints prior to the latest release of iOS a few weeks ago. I don't think a micro-soldering repair is the solution (although kudos to Chris for trying!). iOS 11.0.2 does address crackling sound but that is supposedly an issue on the iPhone 8. If you have access to an original-quality screen, I would try that first. Unless the customer saved the iOS 10.3.3 blob, there is no way to downgrade.

@refectio thank you for a speedy reply. I will try the original screen to see if that does fix it, I will reply with results :)

@teetopp I had the same issue, literally replaced my screen on iOS 10.3.3 and later that day upgraded to iOS 11 and lost all touch functionality on the aftermarket screen. I put the original screen back in downloaded the iOS 10.3.3 image and through itunes I was able downgrade. I put the aftermarket screen back in and it worked, so ill be staying on 10.3.3 until iOS 11 is sorted

Since customer couldn't roll back to 10.3.3 after Apple stopped signing...I put on a cracked screen Original rather than aftermarket and works 100%... Just ordered a New Original screen.

There are also some early reports, albeit conflicting, that iOS 11.1 Beta has solved the issue or at least that some aftermarket screens were working.

Michael will be eternally grateful.