The Huawei Honor 8 is an Android smartphone released in 2016 that features a 5.2-inch 1080p display, 4GB of RAM, dual 12MP camera sensors, a fingerprint sensor, and a USB Type-C port. Model : FRD-L04.

How to replace broken LCD in an Honor 8?

Hey all,

I dropped my Honor 8 phone and the glass scattered. Everything including digitizer seems to work fine.

I don't wont to mess up with a glass only replacement, so I have found tutorial for whole set LCD replacement here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIfkEfWp...

Any further tips, maybe some sensible points? where I should be more careful?

Did you resolve the matter? If yes what tools do you have?

Most Helpful Answer

Jack Nicolsen looks like a reasonable video. If you follow this carefully and watch it a couple times before starting your work, it should be a successful repair.

Have you ever done such a repair?

Yes Sir and it is not as complicated as it may sound. Key to a good repair is taking your time.

As Old Turkey says, just take your time. Be organized when removing the parts and know what is what and where it goes. Make sure not to puncture the battery or drop the screw driver on it, if you get frustrated take a step back and refocus for a few. You got this man! Good luck!

Jack Nicolsen will be eternally grateful.