Why does my phone "die" at random times even on 100 percent

My iphone 5s doesn't have any hardware issues but for some reason my phone shutdowns out of nowhere on any percent and gives me the (dead plug in phone) indication

Have you attempted to replace the battery? Most likely it will need to be replaced.

It could, but really rare, be the battery is not communicating to the board properly. This will require performing a DFU and charging the phone to 100% after completion. However, that just depends on the age of the battery. If it's old, just do a replacement.

Guide for Convenience

Part from IFixIt

iPhone 5s Replacement Battery Image

Honestly I think only a restore is required instead of DFU as that can fix battery percentage reading issues.

Op: Make sure to backup your iPhone to iTunes first before restoring it of course.

You are correct, a back up and restore should happen first before running the DFU. Sorry for skipping a step.

jake lopter will be eternally grateful.