How to disassembly the Galaxy Book 12?

Hey there i would like to know how to disassembly the 2. in 1 galaxy book 12 from samsung thankx

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

I have just removed the screen from my Galaxy Book 12. It wasn't too difficult. The attachment method is very similar to a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 or 4 so you could look at some youtube videos of those to give an idea.

The screen is only attached with heat sensitive tape. I used a heat gun, razor blades and a plastic pry tool. It would be best to only pry on the top and sides, not the bottom as the join is narrow there and the LCD ribbon cables can easily be damaged, as I did. Didn't matter in my case as the LCD panel is broken.

If you can get the top and 2 sides separated then you can just use leverage (and some heat) to separate the bottom. Then detach the LCD and touch cables from the mainboard.

It appears to me that the glass digitizer is quite strong but the LCD panel is very fragile. That is the opposite to a Surface Pro where the glass cracks very easily but the LCD usually remains intact.

Some photos;

Despite much searching I haven't been able to find any source for a replacement screen assembly for a Book 12.

However from searching with some of the part numbers that are exposed after opening the device I am reasonably confident that the whole screen assembly is identical to the previous model (Galaxy Tab Pro S).

I haven't found a reasonably priced replacement screen for that model either but at least there is more information available than for the Book 12.

If anyone finds a source, please post here.

Cheers

John, what other information can you tell us about the device once you had it apart? Solid State storage type, battery type, RAM type, etc. ? Manufacture part numbers on anything?

Hi Kent. Nothing more than you can see in the photos I posted. Apart from the broken screen, the device functions normally so I saw no need to go any further.

When I get some more time, I will have a look at the SSD as long as it doesn't require too much more disassembly.

I still have no idea where I will get a screen assembly despite searching quite thoroughly. If anyone has any ideas, I would be very grateful to hear them.

Cheers, John

You can still use it as desktop with dual monitors in the meantime.

Here is a comparison between John's teardown pic and a picture from a Samsung launch video; you can see where the m.2 SSD lives, and it seems to be the 80mm long variant. I'm going to try to pry mine open and swap it out.

Keep us posted on the m.2 ssd swap.. Let us know if it works. Could you please locate the onboard LPDDR3 SDRAM and see if you can locate the manufacture and module numbers (part#s)? Greatly appreciated!

I think they cannot disassembly it.

There is no posting about galaxybook.

I also would be very interested by a dissasemble guide or explanation. My screen did break in the width and I would like to change it. Actually I have never felt it breaks, I just found it one day and I am really careful; but 12' tablet are really fragile even with the keyboard cover.

I also would like to update the m2 ssd if possible.

I tried with a hair dryer and the ifixit kit and suction cups, but the glu is so strong that I'm afraid to break something - in addition to the fact that screen is already broken which is altering the already weak.

There is an upper part of the metal back cover with buttons, that doesn't look attached to the rest, but even with hot hair drier and guitar picks, I couldn't have it removed.

Some help would be needed...

Were you carrying in a backpack or something? I'm curious, I love my tablet and want to protect it best as I can.

Any guide of keyboard cover disassembly?

axel9546 Privato will be eternally grateful.