The Kenmore Elite HE3 is 7.2 cu. ft. capacity electric dryer by Kenmore.

Why does my drew stop running after a minute or two?

The dryer stops after a minute or two and displays the clean lint filter warning as well as an e3 error code. I’ve cleaned the entire unit out and there is no lint left that I can see. I’ve also replace the thermal fuse as someone suggested.

The E1, E2 and E3 codes indicate a problem with the thermistor. The thermistor is located on the blower exhaust behind the front panel.

If you have access to a volt/ohm meter and are comfortable using it you can ohm the thermistor out. At room temperature it should read 10K ohms.

Sometimes the thermistor checks okay when it is cool but shorts out when it gets hot. The dryer may work 5 or 15 minutes then stop with the error.

I’ve changed the thermistor and it still doesn’t work. The dryer will run for 30 seconds and then stops. The E3 message comes on but at least the clean lint filter doesn’t light up now.

Jeff Collins will be eternally grateful.