No Cell service in certain areas that should

I purchased an iPhone 6s with a busted screen a few months back. I replaced the screen right away and seemed to work fine.

Then I travelled a short ways out of state and found that I did not have service in a place that was supposed to have lte coverage. I confirmed it was the phone and not the cell tower or provider by using an iPhone 6 with no problems at all. I then replaced the “cellular antenna” to no avail. I then replaced the charging port assembly and stil no luck. Has anyone had any issues like this or maybe know of a possible solution? I’m out of ideas.

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Try resetting your network settings

Settings>general>Reset network settings

I had tried this multiple times after I replaced the Cellular antenna. I have not tried it after replacing the charging port assembly, but I have my doubts. I have reset the network settings and will try again next time I happen to go out of town.

The charging port assembly aka lightning dock is how you get cellar data...

Ifixit labels the Cellular antenna here(Top left of phone): iPhone 6s Cellular Antenna

It also lists Cellular antenna here(In the Lighting connector assembly): iPhone 6s Lightning Connector and Headphone Jack

So as you've already tried the top cellular antennae. Have you tried the Lightning dock?

Yes, I have replaced the top cellular antenna and charging port assembly.

Clayton Sexton will be eternally grateful.