Repair guides and support for a wide range of small engines.

Lawn Tractor Stopped on Hill now smoking

My neighbor borrowed my lawn tractor and stopped on a hill and now the tractor is blowing out large amounts of white smoke. I did an oil change after to try and see if that stopped the smoking but to no avail. Any thoughts on what could be or how to repair? My father in law says to just let it burn off but wanted to get another set of opinions and post a video below

I have had this happen, it is probably a flooded carburetor/excessive gas. The slope/angle of the hill can cause your float in the carburetor to be at an odd angle and to work how it was designed to (on a level surface) and with extended use, it will let more gas in than normal.

I would also let it burn off.

you could try draining the carburetor bowl, normally there is a small access/purging screw that you would use for winterizing it to drain the gas from the carb.

White smoke is caused by oil burning. I recommend checking the oil level. If the oil were over filled, it would cause the engine to smoke. Once you have the oil level set to the proper level check the air filter. If the engine was over filled with oil, it could have soaked the paper air filter with oil. If the air filter is soaked in oil or dirty, you need to replace it. Before installing the air filter start the mower and let it run fore a few minutes. This should clear all of the oil out of the carburetor and muffler. The mower should be done smoking at this point. If the smoking has stopped, reinstall the air filter. The mower should be back to normal.

Dan will be eternally grateful.