Repair guides and support for your LG TV.

How do I remove back cover on LG TV 55UB8500

I removed all the screws from the back cover yet it seems to still have resistance. Do not want to cause any damage while removing it and want to confirm how I should apply pressure to remove it correctly.

There's no place to properly pull without being concerned on causing damage to back cover. The only place that I can actually grab is by the HDMI ports and I'm concerned that will crack if I pull to firmly.

Did u ever figure this Out? Having same issue driving me nuts

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Steven, are all of the screws from around the perimeter removed? I cannot tell for sure but from the picture you posted it looks like there might be a screw still present in the upper right.

All of he screws are removed. I spoke to a tech at a repair shop...apparently they use a strong tape that helps the back and the frame adhere to each other. I cannot get anything to go between the two (w/o) causing damage...to make the back start separating. They say they have a plastic tool that they use to help pry them apart. I really do not want to have to pay $50 to just get the two apart....but may have to :-(

We sell plastic prying tools for much less that should help safely separate the two.

https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Tools/all?f...

A spudger and plastic card should be all you need.

Spudger or no spudger ( I have 3 ) it’s still a ##&&% to do. I’m yet to succeed

Does it seem stuck over by the recessed connectors. I remember fighting two small phillips screws. Tape? what tape ?

I did it after a walk away time . My model no was slightly different and it was the tape holding it . I was maybe over cautious as I didn’t want to damage the screen . Most annoyingly mines only 6 months old and technically under warranty . I wouldn’t get far on that though in the Cayman Islands. Now I’ve identified the capacitors I’m just going to upgrade them all

If anyone’s curious it’s a 49UH6030 . From my experience not a product I’d recommend. I knew it was going to fail it was just when

I own the less expensive electronics essential toolkit instead of the pro toolkit ($25 vs $50) and it comes with I think it was 6 prying wedges but I dont remember exactly how many. It was enough for a tv though.

I had the same problem for this exact model 55UB8500. I figured it out after noticing that I hadn’t removed 4 (silver colored) screws from the bottom of the panel. There is no tape or glue adhesive that bonds the back cover with the front panel, the repair shop that told the person this was wrong. Once I removed the bottom screws and a screw I hadn’t noticed where the AC power cord goes into, the back cover came off easily. The chrome on the sides of the TV is part of the back cover, so once all the screws are removed the back cover should slide off without a problem.

Steven Weinberg will be eternally grateful.