Repair guides and support for your LG TV.

How do I remove back cover on LG TV 55UB8500

I removed all the screws from the back cover yet it seems to still have resistance. Do not want to cause any damage while removing it and want to confirm how I should apply pressure to remove it correctly.

There's no place to properly pull without being concerned on causing damage to back cover. The only place that I can actually grab is by the HDMI ports and I'm concerned that will crack if I pull to firmly.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Steven, are all of the screws from around the perimeter removed? I cannot tell for sure but from the picture you posted it looks like there might be a screw still present in the upper right.

All of he screws are removed. I spoke to a tech at a repair shop...apparently they use a strong tape that helps the back and the frame adhere to each other. I cannot get anything to go between the two (w/o) causing make the back start separating. They say they have a plastic tool that they use to help pry them apart. I really do not want to have to pay $50 to just get the two apart....but may have to :-(

We sell plastic prying tools for much less that should help safely separate the two.

A spudger and plastic card should be all you need.

Steven Weinberg will be eternally grateful.