No automatic Brightness adjustment after screen replacement

I changed my screen two days ago because of a cracked screen. I already bought not the cheapest replacement kit I could find.

Installing the new screen went great. But I noticed that the screen brightness wouldn't adjust automatically after that. I tried everything I could find online, from re-calibrating the brightness sensor, to turn the feature off, and soft reset the phone. I did not try to reset all my settings because that's what I'd like to keep.

Does anyone has a new idea?

I don't mind opening the phone up again to solve it.

Your ambient light sensor is either bad or wasn't reinstalled correctly. Step 24 in this guide: iPhone 6 Front Panel Replacement

I bought an completely new display unit. Does it mean the display does not have a brightness sensor built in? And I have to replace it with the old one that worked in my broken display?

I have no way of knowing if your display has a brightness sensor built in. Where did you buy the display from? Is everything else (earpiece speaker, camera, etc) there? The brightness sensor is part of the camera flex cable.

In fact, it was the brightness sensor built into the new display. I changed the camera flex cable with the original one and it works perfectly fine now.

Thanks a lot.

Kevin K will be eternally grateful.